[WSIS CS-Plenary] Final list of CS speakers in Tunis available

Rik Panganiban rikp at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 8 19:46:04 GMT 2005

Dear Colleagues,

The WSIS Executive Secretariat has just released their final list of
recommended speakers from Civil Society who will address the official
WSIS proceedings in Tunis.  You can download the full list of
speakers here in Word (.doc) and HTML formats here:

	http://www.ngocongo.org/ngomeet/WSIS/CSSpeakersTunisFinal.htm
	http://www.ngocongo.org/ngomeet/WSIS/CSSpeakersTunisFinal.doc

Here is the actual letter from the WSIS Secretary General regarding
this:

	http://www.ngocongo.org/ngomeet/WSIS/WSISSGCSspeakers110805.pdf

Thanks to everyone for your understanding and patience in this
difficult process.  While I think that there is no such as thing as a
"perfect" list that can totally encompass the rainbow of viewpoints
and perspectives of civil society, that generally this list reflects
who we are as the CS participants in the process.

Now the great challenge is preparing all of these speakers for their
interventions, and making sure that they represent adequately the key
concerns that we want governments and the world to know about.  Let's
use the limited time that we have wisely.

Note that background information on the CS nominated speakers is
available at http://www.ngocongo.org/ngomeet/WSIS/
Tunisspeakerbios101705.doc .

Regards,

Rik Panganiban
CONGO

RIK PANGANIBAN       Communications Coordinator
Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United
Nations (CONGO)
web: http://www.ngocongo.org
email: rik.panganiban at ngocongo.org
mobile: (+1) 917-710-5524