[WSIS CS-Plenary] Foreshadowing of difficulties in Tunis!

Olga Drossou Drossou at BOELL.DE
Wed Nov 9 15:09:22 GMT 2005

Dear all,

this note is to inform you about a small but significant incident:

The Heinrich Böll Foundation, in cooperation with the Association Tunisienne des Femmes Democrates, has planned a meeting for theFoundation's partners in Tunis on 14 November 2005.

This by-invitation-only event was supposed to take place at El Teatro, which was booked for this purpose. News has just reached us that the management of El Teatro was instructed not to host our meeting due to "security reasons."

This does not bode well!

Please find a leaflet anouncing our activities in Tunis attached.

Regards,
Olga Drossou
WSIS Focal point Heinrich Böll Foundation

Olga Drossou
Referentin Neue Medien - Senior Officer New Media Desk
Heinrich Böll Stiftung - Heinrich Boell Foundation
Rosenthaler Str. 40/41, D-10178 Berlin
Tel:+49 30-28534-183, Fax:  49 30-28534-108,
mailto: drossou at boell.de,
www.boell.de

aktuell:
www.worldsummit2005.org