[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [CS Bureau] CSB meeting

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Fri Nov 11 21:07:55 GMT 2005

On 10-Nov-05, at 9:34 PM, Renate Bloem wrote:

> 1.	We need to have a process to identify speakers to maximise the time
> slots, 15min per day, not per session.

we should not re-invent the wheel, can't we use the same process used
at Prepcom 3 ? if not, I would favour a dencentralized approach - one
where the main caucuses involved work together. Ie,  IG discussions
should go to the IG caucus to co-ordinate with otehrs.

> We have to give in the names as
> previously in PrepCom one hour before the meeting. The IG Caucus is of
> course well equipped, but there might be other caucuses who want to
> contribute.

they should contribute in advance. We need to be open and
transparent. The IG caucus has been working on text for the last
several weeks now. Others who might be interested in intervening in
IG should read that text. negotiating will go fast. So we need people
to start discussing this now, not while there.

> The Follow up Caucus has not been so active. We have to have
> speaker names before noon on Sunday.

email the people involved and see. if they don't respond, I would by
default have the people who intervened at PC 3.

> Speakers should only speak on
> outstanding issues (brackets),unless supported by many governments for
> opening up agreed language.

let the caucuses decide that. CSB deals with logistics, not
substantive issues.

> 2.	Since for the moment there are no overpasses for PrepCom we need to
> have at least a process if there is too much folks to push in.

indeed we need a process. But first we need to know who will be
involved and if there will be any room for CS at all.

> 3.	Robert, how did you come to think after all the information we sent
> out that civil society space (pavillon) could be anywhere else then
> in Kram?

several others are organizing meetings outside the kram - thus,
wanted to be clear that CSB will be meeting in UN space there.

> We negotiated hard to have this space for CS, CSB, Caucuses etc.
> And there
> is a process to book these (not to big )rooms (via Alejandra)

> 4.	Philippe will still try to explore whether we might access Kram on
> Sunday morning so we could have an evtl meeting between 10-11 am,
> but not
> sure. Sunday night will be very late, as some people are also in
> Hammamet.

 From what I have been told meetings in Kram are likely to go to
midnight from the 13th on. An important item to find out is travel of
csb members to/from Kram before the hotel shuttle service starts.

> Consider also: Not all people are constantly on line.

it should be the responsibility of cs bureau members to be active
both in person and online.