[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [CS Bureau] Figuring out a time to meet and agenda

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Fri Nov 11 21:40:48 GMT 2005

As I mentioned it would be good to advance the agenda, my comments
are below..

On 11-Nov-05, at 2:03 PM, Renata Bloem wrote:

> CSB Meeting agenda – 13 November
>

> 1.    Speakers at CS slots at PrepCom-3
- how many do we have?
> 2.    Self organisation for CS observers at PrepCom-3, overpasses?

- what is the space allocation for CS at the meetings ? Will priority
be given to "golden badges", and then only remaining space given to
cs OR will specific # of seats be assigned to CS?
> 3.    CS Space issues / Connectivity
Space as in office space or something else?  Connectivity - please
detail, as Francis and I no doubt can help with technical issues.

On the connectivity issue,  I have had it confirmed now by two
different sources that wireless as setup by the summit will be
expensive. As such, the CS wireless experts are willing, able and
already discussing how we can set up a free CS wireless network.

Francis - do we have non-natd' access, or do we have to setup a
tunnel to an outside machine to get a real ip. Please let me know so
can co-ordinate with tech team that has been created.

btw. are any ports blocked?

> 4.    Media/Press Conference(s)

- any details on this, please send.

> 5.    Interpretation

- what resources (if any) will be available for this. Need to know in
advance so that caucuses can be informed as they are planning
meetings now.

> 6.    Host Country Agreement and immunity issues
>
>  Would be good for both CSB and plenary members to read the
> document. Section V is of grave concern, as it says that the host
> country has the ability to waive all other sections in specific
> cases. We will need legal advice on what consequences are of this
> clause as CSIS will be taking place.

We are lucky that this time CS will have several lawyers coming that
have experience with UN and negotiations. Several would no doubt be
willing and able to help draft the specific questions to be answered
by UN legal department.