[WSIS CS-Plenary] Multistakeholder partnership for IS: a case study

Daniel Pimienta pimienta at funredes.org
Sun Nov 13 01:05:05 GMT 2005

Whoever in WSIS (and in general in ICT4D) is interested in
multistakeholder partnerships and who has been interested
in following the thread "UNDP.DO supports multistakeholder
partner cheap
" may be interested to know, in a timely
manner, for WSIS/Tunis, the follow-up of the
http://funredes.org/undp.do story.

After our request, UNDP headquarter ask Office of Audit and
Performance to check the case, some weeks ago, and the answer
reached us yesterday provoking this comment from FUNREDES
to this office:

"I am afraid that if your final conclusion is based on
contractual considerations and on a confusion between
two different projects it is not good notice for CSO
willing to invest time and energy in multistakeholder
partnerships with UNDP and I hope your office will reconsider
a position based on wrong premises.

In any case, I am grateful for your interest and will complete
the public file with this exchange, leaving civil society interested
parties free to make their own judgment based on respective argumentations.

In our opinion, the message which would go across is definitively
discouraging for civil society to engage in multistakeholder
partnerships with a government, under the umbrella of UNDP."

But the file is not close yet...

Details in: http://funredes.org/undp.do/index.php/followup