[WSIS CS-Plenary] Greetings all from Tunis?

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Sun Nov 13 13:36:30 GMT 2005

Jacqueline Morris ha scritto:
> The autotranslation seems to be very behind - the last message there
> is dated  Nov 3? Except for 3 dated Nov 28?

If this is a request for translation, I'll try with my terrible French:

>>"L'envoyé spécial de «Libération» à Tunis violemment agressé"
"Libération"'s special envoy to Tunis violently assaulted

>>"Christophe Boltanski, qui enquêtait sur les droits de l'homme en Tunisie,
>>a été passé à tabac et a reçu un coup de couteau. Notre journal adresse les
>>plus fermes protestations aux autorités tunisiennes après cette agression
>>dans une capitale particulièrement quadrillée par la police."
Christophe Boltanski, who was enquiring about human rights in Tunisia,
has been beaten and received a strike with a knife. Our newspaper
addresses the strongest protests to Tunisian authorities after this
aggression in a capital particularly patroled by police.

>>"Christophe Boltanski enquêtait sur les droits de l'homme en Tunisie à la
>>veille du sommet sur l'information qui se tient à Tunis la semaine
>>prochaine. Le matin même, il avait publié un article dans Libération sur le
>>tabassage de militants des droits de l'homme par des policiers en civil). "
Christophe Boltanski was enquiring about human rights in Tunisia on the
verge of the Summit on Information that will be held in Tunis next week.
The same morning, he had published an article in Libération about the
beating up of human rights activists by policemen in civil clothes.