[WSIS CS-Plenary] FWD: Re: [CS Bureau] Draft minutes for today's CSB meeting

mpazello at oi.com.br mpazello at oi.com.br
Mon Nov 14 13:00:07 GMT 2005

Dear CSB members,

I'm quite surprise again and dissapointed with how decisions are made
within CSB, in special related the famous sunday meeting. Is very sad
to see that the bureau is not working in an open and transparent way.

Proposal and demands sent by me was not taking in account:
a) to held the first CSB meeting just on Monday lunch time;
b) to point out what is in the CONGO's undrestanding really very urgent
within the agenda;
c) the correct time of the meeting despite the proposal to postpone it.

I'm surprise even more because CONGO dind't sent the announcement of the
sunday meeting and the correct time. The last message sent by Phillippe
on this topic inform that the bureau meeting on Sunday at 10:30. But
the meeting was hold at 15:00. Why it  was not announced in the bureau
mailing list? I couldn't find out its annoucement. Why I was not advise
of that yesterday when we met?

I make a proposal trying to reach a time slot that the members that is
also involved in the advocacy work could attend the bureau meeting too,
but my messages was not taking in account. It is uncceptable at this
point. I strong call to recover the transparency of this work otherwise
it will be a shame.

BTW: I want to express my position related to the decision agreed on
Sunday: I disagree with the CSB request the floor to speak in
Sub-Committee B, if the caucuses and groups want
to make a statement on follow-up mechanism must do that as we always is
doing as Caucus not as CSB. Include because is necessary discuss what
wich caucus and families think about could be the best mechanism for CS
participation. And it needs to be discussed in the plenary.  There is no
reason to do that and it is not the CSB mandate. Nothing against the
speak it self, I disagree with the way and on behalf it was proposed
tol be done. So this decision need to be revised urgently.

Magaly

wsis at iprolink.ch wrote:

>Find below the draft minutes of today?s CSB meeting.
>Best regards,
>
>Ph.
>
>=========
>
>CSB Meeting
>13 November 2005, 15:00-16:30
>Kram Center, Civil Society Pavillon
>
>Tijani Ben Jemaa
>Renate Bloem
>Ann-Kristin Hakansson
>Jeannette Hoffman
>Francis Muguet
>Delphine Nana
>Tracey Naughton
>Ben Marzouk
>
>1.	Time Slot Speakers at resumed PrepCom-3
>CSB members reminded that a strong coordination should be established
as regards
>the constitution of the list of speakers for each Sub-Committee
meetings. The
>same practice as during PrepCom-3 must be followed through coordinators
for
>Sub-Committee A (IG Caucus) and B (WG on Implementation and Follow-up).
>
>In addition, the CSB agreed to request the floor to speak in
Sub-Committee B on
>procedural matters on paragraphs 27 and 29. Francis Muguet will draft
this
>statement, and send it to the Plenary. Renate Bloem is going to inform
the
>coordinator for Sub-Committee B track.
>
>      2.   Self organisation of CS observers at resumed PrepCom-3
>Further to some reported problems to access PrepCom-3, CSB members
agreed that
>the ITU should be contacted as soon as this problem occurs.
>
>CSB members agreed that Content and Themes group meeting would be
organised only
>if specific issues must be discussed and in a constructive objective.
CS
>structures should not spend unnecessary time while negotiations are
on-going.

>3.	CS Pavillon / Connectivity at Kram
>Francis Muguet reported on his work to improve on this and stated that
the
>system in the CS Pavillon is now much improved. This includes the use
in that
>area of the ITU unfiltered network with routable IP.
>
>4.	Media
>CSB members discussed the possibility to hold a press conference for CS
>assess the outcomes of resumed PrepCom-3 on the afternoon of Tuesday 15
>November. After exploring several possibilities, it was agreed that a
part of
>the CS time slot for Press Conferences would be dedicated to the
evaluation of
>resumed PrepCom-3 by Civil Society, in addition to two press
conferences by CS
>entities already booked and confirmed by the ITU on that day between
16:00 and
>16:45.
>The two CS tracks for Sub-Committee A and B should be involved, and
therefore
>the CS press officer would need to know in advance who would be the
relevant
>speakers, to be identified by each of those sub-tracks.
>For information, these CS press conferences would follow Mr. Utsumi?s
one, to be
>organised independently of the outcome of PrepCom-3, and the UN press
>conference.
>A CS press conference at the end of the Summit back to back with the
ITU and the
>UN must be organised.
>
>5.	Interpretation
>There are no interpretation facilities at this time. We are in contact
with 2
>Tunisian interpreters, but the problem is that there are not yet
registered by
>any entity.
>
>6.	Host country agreement
>Noting that the Host Country Agreement was not on the ITU/WSIS website,
CSB
>members agreed that clarification should be given on immunities for all
>stakeholders. The Host Country Agreement, circulated in French only on
the CS
>Plenary list, must be translated in English and circulated by tomorrow,
as well
>as the FAQs document compiled by the ITU. At last, the CSB invited the
ITU legal
>advisors for a discussion at its next meeting.
>
>CSB Chairing and Liaison activities:
>Tracey Naughton was designated to chair the CSB.
>Viola Krebs (provided that she would confirm this at the next CSB
meeting) and
>Renate Bloem were designated for liaison activities.
>

>Next Bureau Meeting will be organised on 14 November 2005
(12:00-13:00), and the