[WSIS CS-Plenary] badging procedure for late night arrivals

NURSES ACROSS THE BORDERS nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 14:03:08 GMT 2005

Dear Andy.
Your information is very handy to me and my team, as
we shall leave Nigeria 2 am GMT tonite to arrive
tomorrow. No thanks to the German Embassy who refused
my transit visa as I would have travelled Friday, I
have missed the Prp Com 3 now.
I hope our hotel will be fairer.
Enjoy your stay-one knows that people love to take
advantage of events like this to rip off visitors.
It is well.

--- Andy Carvin <acarvin at edc.org> wrote:

> I arrived last night around midnight, and there were
> indeed buses to hotels. The bus to my hotel was only
> once an hour, so I took a taxi for 10 dinars - none
> of the taxi drivers I asked would use their meter
> from the airport, otherwise it would have been
> closer to 6 dinars.
>
> I am staying at the Golf Royal Hotel in Central
> Tunis. It was labeled at 3-star but it barely
> qualifies as a 1-star. There appears to be no
> Internet access at the hotel, even though it's an
> official WSIS hotel. I asked two staff members about
> it and they didnt seem to know anything about it.
>
> From the hotel this morning, there was supposed to
> be a bus at 10:20 but it never came, so I took a
> taxi instead to the badging center. I was also told
> at the hotel that there would be only two buses per
> morning rather than an hourly service - they did not
> explain why that was the case.
>
> Badging was very quick - less than 10 minutes from
> start to finish. I'm using one of the PCs set up
> here, and other people are using wifi.
>

> --
> -----------------------------------
> Andy Carvin
> Program Director
> EDC Center for Media & Community
> acarvin @ edc . org
> http://www.digitaldivide.net
> Blog: http://www.andycarvin.com
> -----------------------------------
>
> ________________________________

   Pastor Peters OMORAGBON
Executive President/CEO
Nurses Across the Borders Humanitarian Initiative-Inc.-(Nigeria & U.S.A)
An NGO On Special Consultative Status with The Economic and Social Council of the United Nations-(ECOSOC)
Member(OBSERVER),United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
295, IKORODU ROAD, IDIROKO BUS STOP MARYLAND IKEJA LAGOS NIGERIA
350, MAIN STREET, EAST ORANGE NEW JERSEY 07018 U.S.A
Tel:+234-1-812-8649, +234-1-818-6494,+234-802-308-5408(Mobile)
FAX:+234-1-493-7203
Email:nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com