[WSIS CS-Plenary] End of the story ?

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.org
Tue Nov 15 22:32:17 GMT 2005

Hello from the KRAM

The PrepCom is going to formally end in a few minutes.

Concerning implementation/follow-up
The final interesting text is
review the mandate and composition of the CSTD
../.. and taking into account the multi-stakeholder
approach.

It is not a success but not a complete failure.
Diplomats told me that is up to the CS to lobby now
the ECOSOC so that the CS should be well represented.

It is suggested that in the interest of avoiding
"parachuted celebrities" that the existing
WSIS CS groupings to join forces together
1/ to present a list of possible CS representatives to ECOSOC,
while avoiding the pitfall that have plagued
the CS selection to the WGIG.
2/ that those CS representatives should not operate as
experts as in the WGIG, but on the contrary to report
to the existing CS groupings to coordinate our actions
in regards to the UN agencies and other entities
that are commited to implement the WSIS Geneva and
Tunis texts.  The task is going to be hard, as was
my experience with UNESCO, but it would become
easier and more effective if we continue our fight
together.

Best regards

Francis

  Francis F. Muguet  Ph.D
  MDPI  Open Access Journals -  Associate Publisher
  http://www.mdpi.org  muguet at mdpi.net

  Knowledge Networks & Information Society Lab. (KNIS)
  http://www.knis.org  http://www.ensta.fr/~muguet
  E.N.S.T.A  32 Boulevard Victor  muguet at ensta.fr
  75739 PARIS CEDEX FRANCE
  (33) 01.45.52.60.19 -- Fax: (33) 01.45.52.52.82

  WSIS  World Summit on the Information Society
  Chair Scientific Information WG http://www.wsis-si.org
  Co-chair Patents & Copyrights WG htt://www.wsis-pct.org

  Multi-Stakeholders UN agency proposal  http://www.unmsp.org

  WTIS World Tour of the Information Society
  http://www.wtis.org  muguet at wtis;org