[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS declaration drafting: next steps

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 17 09:23:15 GMT 2005

Hello all,

the drafting group for the WSIS summit statement has met yesterday and
agreed on a rough structure for the statement. We are currently working on
a first draft to be circulated. It will roughly have three parts:

1) An assessment of the summit outcomes, measured against our vision from
Geneva (see
http://www.worldsummit2003.de/download_en/WSIS-CS-Dec-25-2-04-en.rtf>).
2) a brief assesment of our role in the process
3) a commitment / plan for ourselves on the next steps for the post WSIS
phase, to make sure we don't lose momentum.

Contact of the drafting group for the moment: <bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de>

The next steps will be:

1) We will then circulate the first version around noon to the caucus
coordinators and ask for feedback. Be prepared.
2) The next version will then be sent to plenary this evening.
3) The final version will be done on Friday morning.
4) The final version could be endorsed by the CS plenary (is there one?)
or during the CRIS event in the afternoon.

Hope this works... We have a very tight schedule, so we ask everybody to
focus on producing text we can use and not start general discussions on
principles - we already agreed on a lot of things in Geneva...

Ralf