[WSIS CS-Plenary] RE -AFRICA- CS WSIS ELECTION- A NULLITY, UNDEMOCRATIC AND DICTATORIAL

NURSES ACROSS THE BORDERS nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 09:16:50 GMT 2005

Dear ALL.
As a bonafide member and accredited entity and
individual of the above Caucus, I have the locus
standi to make the following observations, for all to
know.

First, it must be apprecaited that, collaboration for
sustainability is all about mutual respect and regards
for the rule of law. Sustainable Development as
defined by the UN is: "Development that meets the
needs of the present generation without compromising
the ability of future generations to meet their own
needs" "Peace without justice", someone once said, "is
the peace of the grave yard".
"Evil", Edmund once said "can only thrive when the the
good people do nothing about it". And Prof Wole
Soyinka, the Nobel Luarette was to sum this up when he
wrote that "the man died in him, who keeps quiet in
the face of tyranny".

Thursday 17th November will remain a black day in the
annal of the African Caucus of the WSIS.
That day an election which defies all democratic norms
held to SELECT officers that will represent the
African Caucus of the WSIS. It was an election of
EXCLUSSION of the English Speaking members of the
Caucus, which led to the mass pullout of ALL Anglo
phone members from taking part in the Kangaroo
elections.
First, all the business transactions were MOSTLY done
in French, till we have to vehemently oppose this and
a VOLUNTEER, accepted to do the
interpretation-conditionally that is!
Secondly, ALL members were expected to ADOPT the
Constitution that was to guide the affairs of the
Caucus without any COPY in English Language!!!
We were then implored to accept the ORAL
interpretation(of the Interpreter) of SOME SECTIONS of
the Document that was to be done instanta, and allow
election to go on. How could I adopt a document that I
do not have a reference to, all BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE
ARE HELL BENT IN BEING ELECTED INTO OFFICE? We demaded
that the English versions should be made available to
the English speaking members before we could have
inputs. But, as usual, considering the fact that the
venue for the event is in a French Speaking Colony,
the French Speaking members out numbered the English
Speaking members.
Another pain was the intolerance of our French
Speaking members to accomodate views of the English
speaking members. This is quite apposite to African
brotherhood.
On the grounds of Principles which we do know is
upheld and promoted by the UN, we refuse to give
legality to illegality, and so pulled.

Let it be known to all and the WSIS SECRETARIAT that
THOSE SELECTED at the African Caucus on Thursday 17th
November does not represent us from the Anglo phone
areas. Any one so chosen, as far as we the grass root
members from the English speaking areas(not someone
who resides OUTSIDE,) are concerned, are there to
serve their own personal interest and not the larger
interest of ALL. We shall never recognise ANY Regional
Coordiantor SELECTED to represent us as we shall never
cooperate with him/her.

We the Anglo-Phone Members shall in the INTERIM
forward to the WSIS Secretariat, names of our
Representatives, till a PROPER ELECTION is conducted
acceptable to all, is conducted.

We respect and accept the need for African
Brotherliness, but we must NOT CONTINUE with/in the
old order, and as DIGITAL GENERATION, let us be seen
as different from the Older generations who will do
ANYTHINGH to get to power and HOLD on to it till death
do them part.

He that demands equity must come with clean hands.

What oocured on Thursday 17th November 2005 at the
African Caucus was not an ELECTION but a SELECTION. We
reject it and we shall continue to protest till
justice is not being done, but seen as being done.
Thank you all.
FOR NURSES ACROSS THE BORDERS and OTHERS who feel aggrieved:

   Pastor Peters OMORAGBON
Executive President/CEO
Nurses Across the Borders Humanitarian Initiative-Inc.-(Nigeria & U.S.A)
An NGO On Special Consultative Status with The Economic and Social Council of the United Nations-(ECOSOC)
Member(OBSERVER),United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
295, IKORODU ROAD, IDIROKO BUS STOP MARYLAND IKEJA LAGOS NIGERIA
350, MAIN STREET, EAST ORANGE NEW JERSEY 07018 U.S.A
Tel:+234-1-812-8649, +234-1-818-6494,+234-802-308-5408(Mobile)
FAX:+234-1-493-7203
Email:nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com