[WSIS CS-Plenary] Letter to Kofi Annan: demande de clarification

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Fri Nov 25 11:45:24 GMT 2005

hi djilali

>Very dear Karen,
>Please let me know if this call for endorsement is
>issued and published on behalf of the Citizens's
>Summit or WSIS Civile society Bureau that you lead
>with efficiency and transparency !
>I have absolutely nothing against the call for
>endorsment and the Citizens's Summit, i fully respect
>those who sugn it, but remenber i plaided during the
>Officiel Summit for the need to try to protect the
>unicity of the civile society and such a practice
>risks to fragilize in the future our so faible
>componient.

this call is an initiative of the Civil Society Summit on the
Information Society (CSIS) Coordinating committee - but, as you will
see from the letter, similar to the first letter to kofi annan (1st oct 05)

"In advance of the Tunis Summit, civil society organisations
expressed to you, in a
<http://www.citizens-summit.org/Letter-SecGen-021005.shtml>joint
letter of 1 October 2005, very serious concerns about the suitability
of Tunisia as a host country. You kindly replied on
<http://www.citizens-summit.org/letter-SecGenResp-271005.pdf>27
October 2005, when you indicated that you shared those concerns. You
also outlined the measures the United Nations was taking to persuade
Tunisia to comply with its international commitments on human rights."

in that it enjoyed far wider endorsement from organisations
(primarily CSOs) and individuals who wished to endorse..

it is not a call from the CSB or any other WSIS CS structure and is
not intended to present itself as such.. (nor, i hope, does it)

karen