[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [CRIS Info] The PublicRoot rises again - Dutch tech firm wants to rid the Web of the .com

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Mon Nov 28 14:01:10 GMT 2005

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Jeff Williams wrote:

> Joe and all,
>
> It is good to see that the unified root is moving in a positive direction
> and having more success.  This is indicative of a free market system
> at it's best.

Unfortunately Jeff I don't trust them.  The UnifiedRoot as Paul Vixie has
said is run by pirates and rogues.  But while Vixies claim is speculative
I know the facts and can say he is dead on.

But they will create a significant number of top level domains and in the
long run will contribute to the breakage of the ICANN monopoly, which is a
positive aspect of the UnifiedRoot.

regards
joe