[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS Declaration: next steps

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 29 10:59:12 GMT 2005

Elizabeth Carll, PhD wrote:

> Was the deadline today for the statement you mentioned, but the subject
> line refers to the CS Declaration.  I thought the deadline for the
> declaration was Nov 30th.  Is that correct?
First of all, in order to avoid confusion: There is no CS *declaration*
from 2005. We did that in 2003. This time, we agreed on a *statement* that
assesses the official summit outcomes from our perspective, measured
largely against the 2003 WSIS CS declaration.

And yes, the deadline was yesterday, as announced by Karen on 22 November
in a mail to plenary. We will of course still accept inputs until we have
a very final version (and French speaking folks will be able to comment on
the French translation), but I am already working on a new version now.

Best, Ralf