[WSIS CS-Plenary] Speaker Nomination - John Perry Barlow

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 5 09:22:32 BST 2005

Sorry Robert
Who knows him and who has ever met/discussed with him among the CS participating to the WSIS ?
I don't like "parachuted speakers" and I guess many other CS activists won't either, especially during the very last period.
Jean-Louis

> Message du 04/10/05 21:29
> De : "Robert Guerra"
> A : plenary at wsis-cs.org
> Copie à : "John Perry Barlow" , "CONGO - Philippe Dam"
> Objet : [WSIS CS-Plenary] Speaker Nomination - John Perry Barlow

I'd like to put forward the name of John Parry Barlow as a possible speaker at the summit.

He's let me know that he'll be at the Summit, and would be keen to speak  - that is, if the NGOs/CS would nominate him.

I've cc'd him on this message so that he can help answer any comments and/or questions people might have.

his bio is as follows:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Perry_Barlow>

John Perry Barlow
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Perry_Barlow

He is a co-founder of the Electronic Frontier Foundation along with fellow digital rights activists John Gilmore and Mitch Kapor. He currently serves as vice-chairman of the EFF's board of directors. He is a member of the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences and is a Berkman Fellow at Harvard Law School. His writings include A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace and The Economy of Ideas.

Spanish info:

John Perry Barlow: "Toda cultura es naturalmente libre"
http://www.elpais.es/articulo/elpciboci/20050915elpciboci_1/Tes/

Regards

Robert