[WSIS CS-Plenary] Plenary speakers in Tunis : why not focus on the themes ?

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Wed Oct 5 17:41:26 BST 2005

But isn't this exactly what Bertrand tried to do, i.e. express the many
dimensions of the "digital divide" along the 10 themes he proposed ? I
agree that these themes may be discussed and refined - I also note that
Bertrand hasn't proposed any order between them - but, frankly, I
cannot imagine anyone speaking on the "digital divide" without
analyzing all its dimensions, and this cannot be achieved in a single
speach.
If I well remember the CS declaration at Geneva Summit, it has been
written along those lines : an introduction setting our understanding
of the digital divide, then paragraphs addressing the many dimensiosn
of this concept.

Meryem Marzouki