[WSIS CS-Plenary] URGENT ASSISTANCE WITH THE MEMBERS OF THE NETWORK

Sandza Laurent sandzal at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 10 11:12:35 BST 2005

 Dear Sir,

I come by present you to inform that I could not
attend plenary of Geneva due to the lack of means. In
fact, in so much accredited member of the ECOSOC, I
request your indulgence at the UNDP and of the FNUAP
antenna of Gabon so that the latter come me as
sponsors at the top from the WSIS which will be held
in TUNIS. For that, I you sendings Sir, their numbers
of fax so that they me contact in order to obtain the
lodging and transport documents. I cannot send them
faxes since I am in province for a mission. I pass
their fax to you: UNDP (Gabon): (+241) 738891 FNUAP
(Gabon): (+241)738896 In the hope which my request
will retain your attention, please accept Mosieur, the
_expression of my deep respect.

wsis at iprolink.ch a écrit :[Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the entire list. Kindly use individual addresses for responses intended for specific people]

Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic translation of this message!
_______________________________________

Dear all,

Please find below the decisions and work plan of the up-coming WSIS
negotiation
groups and PrepCOm-3 meetings, further to WSIS Intergovernmental Bureau (held
on 7 Oc. 2005) and the meeting we had this afternoon with the WSIS ES.

¡ñ Meetings of the Ad Hoc Negotiation Groups
The Ad Hoc Negotiation Groups, mandated by PrepCom-3, would meet in Geneva
between 24 and 28 October in Room XVIII or Room XX (Palais des Nations).
The work programme would be as follows:
>From Monday 24 to Tuesday 25 (and maybe Wednesday Morning): Political Chapeau
and Chapter Two (Financing)
>From Wednesday 26 to Friday 28: Chapter 1 and 4 (Implementation and
Follow-up).

It was reminded that this process would be governmental only. However,
Ambassador Karklins made it clear during the Bureau Meeting that he would
inform the observers on a daily basis. The format of this information sharing
promised by the Chairman was not established.

The idea of the work of these negotiation groups would not be to add new text
but only to find a consensus of on existing bracketed text. Therefore there
would not be any possibility to make new input and the WSIS received no
mandate
to provide any new compilation of inputs.

¡ñ Resumed session of PrepCom-3 in Tunis
PrepCom-3 would be reconvened on 13 November in Tunis at 10:00. The
location of
this meeting is not yet established (probably in a hotel, but certainly not in
the Kram Exhibition Center). Even though it would aim at finalizing
negotiations, following the procedures and format of PrepCOm-3, Mr. Geiger
stressed that because of time and material limitations, it must be noted that
this reconvened PrepCom-3 would not be full-fledged preparatory committee.

The expected work plan would be as follows:
- Organisational Plenary Meeting (13 November, 10:00)
- Sub-Committee A (Chapter Three on Internet Governance): Observers would be
able to take the floor during the formal meetings of Sub-Committee A, which
would then go in working groups to draft and finalise the text. We cannot
predict at this stage how open or closed those working groups would be for
observers, since no decision was taken by the Bureau.
- Sub-Committee B (other issues): we would follow the same format of a formal
session followed by working groups.
- Closing session of PrepCom-3, to be organised on 15 November.

Other issues:
- Fellowship ¨C Renate Bloem evoked the question of fellowship for CS
participants in Tunis, and it was agreed that CONGO should send a
letter to the
ITU SG requesting fellowships for CS. Information on fellowships from the
Tunisian Government and funding through UNDP Tunis was not available yet.
- Connectivity ¨C Charles Geiger asserted that non filtered access is a major
priority for the WSIS ES, and he guaranteed that Internet connection would not
be filtered both in the Kram Center and in the Hotels.
- Document importation ¨C The ITU document policy document would be published
this week. Document checking at the Kram Center would be performed by
ITU or UN
staff.

 Laurent SANDZA MISSIMBALOBA
Chargé à l'Environnement à JVFGabon
Président de l'O.N.G Environnement Sans Frontières
BP: 685 Libreville/Gabon
TEl: +241 0668 16 18/0610 12 58
Fax: +241 445 372
Site web: http://www.jvfgabon.org