[WSIS CS-Plenary] My apology & On ML server configuration

HARADA Shiro harada at ioc.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Oct 13 09:32:20 BST 2005

Dear all, especially folks in charge of CS server administration,

I am very sorry for the multiple posting of my previous message.

I tried different smtp servers because my message was initially rejected
by two servers: the one for plenary (apc), ant the other for bureau
(greennet),
according to the log file of my own server.
(Then I tried two servers of my university.)

Finally all the three messages were delivered, but delayed 20 minutes or more.
It is very strange compared with others' messages in the mailing list
that are being delivered in a few minutes.

I heard in PrepCom3 that many mail servers in Europe/US are set up to reject
Asian servers to block spam, and I actually experienced such rejection.

I do not think this applies to my case,
because I can see successfully delivered messages from Asia.
But if the CS servers do have any kind of special setting rejecting
certain servers, making such information open would be greatly helpful
in order to avoid the cases like mine, as well as to keep the CS MLs
open to those who really need them.

Sincerely,

Shiro Harada
Associate Professor
Interfaculty Initiative in Information Studies
The University of Tokyo