[WSIS CS-Plenary] reality check - let's get back to summit discussions..

conchita poncini conchita.poncini at bluewin.ch
Thu Oct 13 18:39:32 BST 2005

Gender is not about Women but about men and women being socialized into a
box.  The Gender Caucus is not only for women but for men where they have a
preponderant role in eliminating gender inequality and improving the status
of women.. .

By bringing to the attention of the plenary to issues of gender inequality,
it is in fact addressing us all to be gender sensitive and all inclusive.
It is a cross-cutting theme that must be the concern of ALL caucuses and
should.see to it that WSIS  does not miss out on solv ing the gender
divide...  My vision for the 21str century is that with the right behaviours
and attitudes in 50 years we no longer need to discuss the assymetries but
how to inculcate human values that are forgorten by the technology that is
purely mechanical that has no emotions.  If itr is not us who can promote
ICT for the disadvantaged , who will ?