[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [hr-wsis] HR caucus proposes Shirin Ebadi to speak at WSIS opening

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Fri Oct 14 12:12:46 BST 2005

Dear Meryem and all

Apologies for the late response to this. APC members and staff have
only just returned from our council meeting, yesterday.

Roberto Bissio has already made public his acceptance to stand aside
to allow Shirin Ebadi to speak, and as the nominator of Roberto, APC
formally withdraws his nomination and is fully supportive of the
lobby to have Ms. Ebadi speak in the opening ceremony.

Karen Banks for APC