[WSIS CS-Plenary] On conditional support to Shirin Ebadi

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Mon Oct 17 06:41:29 BST 2005

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 10:50:19AM +0900, Hiroshi Kawamura (hiroshikawamura at attglobal.net) wrote:

> I don't understand why you take my language as conditional

I wonder if we're having a language issue here, but (admittedly as a
non-native English speaker) I also read your language as conditional -
even what you repeat now is explicitly conditional to my understanding:

> If you carefully read my text you believe that Shirin Ebadi will welcome
> our message and she will not take it as conditional at all because she will
> not exclude the point I raised I believe.

To me that says you only support her because you believe she'll
include your point, which implies you wouldn't if she didn't.
Perhaps I misunderstood; a clarification might be helpful.

--
Tapani Tarvainen