[WSIS CS-Plenary] Importation of documents to Tunis for WSIS

CONGO - Philippe Dam wsis at iprolink.ch
Sat Oct 29 17:54:12 BST 2005

Dear all,

Further to what we already mentioned on Tuesday, we confirm that pouched
documents should be sent by post to the address indicated on the documents
policy guidelines:

"Livraison Documentation"
PalExpo Kram
SMSI 2005
Porte No. 3
Kram, Tunisie

As mentioned in the FAQs on privileges and immunities for participants in
WSIS (only in French so far, but the English version might be posted soon on
the ITU website, as well as relevant articles of the Host country
agreement), there will be the following: inviolability of documents and the
right to receive documents. The ITU legal office will have a very close look
at the way in which importation of documents for the summit will be managed,
and the ITU received all the necessary guarantees that documents for the
summit will not be blocked or delayed by customs.

We are advised to clearly indicate on the pouch that the documents will be
used in the framework of your participation in WSIS (to ensure it to be
dealt in priority), to get an evidence that you sent the pouch (date and
destination). There might no be any problem as concerns the importation of
documents, but if you notice any problem in this regard, including excessive
delay, the ITU legal office will be ready to take action on that.

Note the following:

-          We will have more information on Monday on when ITU or UN staff
would be at the Kram Center to receive and stock documentation received at
Door 3.

-          We also asked for clarifications on how to send documentation for
your participation in the ICT4all exhibition space, and we would get more
information on that on Monday as well.

-          There will not be custom fees exoneration for the importation of
any documentation in Tunisia.

Best regards

Philippe Dam
CONGO - WSIS CS Secretariat
11, Avenue de la Paix
CH-1202 Geneva
Tel: +41 22 301 1000
Fax: +41 22 301 2000
E-mail:  <mailto:wsis at ngocongo.org> wsis at ngocongo.org
Website:  <BLOCKED::http://www.ngocongo.org> www.ngocongo.org

The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international, membership association
that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United Nations debates and
decisions. Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective is to ensure the
presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's governments and United
Nations agencies on issues of global concern.  For more information see our
website at www.ngocongo.org <BLOCKED::http://www.ngocongo.org/>