[WSIS CS-Plenary] summary of: Drastic changes to the proposed WSIS implementation mechanisms in the new text

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 2 19:43:31 BST 2005

Hi all,

for those who did not have time or patience to follow all the emails on
this important matter, I have written a summary/comment article:

After Tunis: A Summit Without Implementation and Civil Society?
Committment to Implementation and Multi-Stakeholder Approach dropped from
Documents, Civil Society Groups Voice Protest
http://www.worldsummit2005.org/

I have also uploaded the joint CS comment / protest note here:
<http://www.worldsummit2003.de/download_en/7thGFCmeeting-submissionbyCSorganisations.pdf>

Thanks again to Parminder for coordinating the CS response. I have taken
the liberty to also upload the analysis done by him for ITforChange, which
includes the annex that shows the differences in a table format.
<http://www.worldsummit2003.de/download_en/ITforChange-BeyondWSIS-with%20Annex.doc>

Best, Ralf