[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [WSIS-EUC] Sept Agenda - FYI

maseger at t-online.de maseger at t-online.de
Sat Sep 3 09:14:00 BST 2005

Thank you, Robert!
Would you please add to the September Agenda the following Europe/North America Conference (WSIS Gender Caucus):
 September 11, BERLIN
"Women Claiming the Information Society" ("WOCTIS")
WSIS Gender Caucus, Regional Activiy Europe/North America, One-Day Conference
www.glow-boell.de
 MARIANNE
 "Robert Guerra" <rguerra at lists.privaterra.org> schrieb:
 Thought i'd share my Sept agenda with all of you. I hope I have the opportunity to see some of you ahead of the prepcom in Sept. regards Robert
5-7 September, Berlin [Confirmed]International Working Group (WG)  on Data Protection in Telecommunicationshttp://www.datenschutz-berlin.de/doc/int/iwgdpt/- WG consists of representatives of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners as well as scientists and other experts from around the globe

8-10 September, Berlin [Tentative]Femme Global, Gender Perspectives in the 21st Century Organized by the Heinrich-Böll-Foundation in collaboration with the Centre for Transdisciplinary Gender Studies, Humboldt University in Berlin.http://www.glow-boell.de/en/rubrik_2/813_993.htm

11-13 September, Strasbourg (France) [Confirmed]Council of Europe, Forum,  Human Rights in the Information Society: Responsible Behaviour by Key Actorshttp://www.coe.int/T/E/human_rights/media/Links/Events/ForumStbgSept2005_en.asp
Building an inclusive Information Society, based on respect for human rights, requires new forms of solidarity, partnership and cooperation among governments, civil society, the private sector and international organisations. Through open discussions and exchanges of information worldwide, a multi-stakeholder governance approach will help shape agendas and devise new regulatory and non-regulatory models which will account for challenges and problems arising from the rapid development of the Information Society.
14-17 Free/ to-plan
17-30 September, Geneva, Switzerland [Confirmed]Preparatory Meeting 3 (PrepCom 3), UN World Summit on the Information Societyhttp://www.itu.int/wsis/preparatory2/pc3/index.html