[WSIS CS-Plenary] RE: [WSIS-CT] [THETHA] South African WSIS Civil Society Statement

Sylvia Caras sylvia at peoplewho.org
Sun Sep 11 22:13:38 BST 2005

Recommended deletion is in parenthesis

>[Access to (Physical and Mental) Health Information - Priority be given to
>access for all people to all forms of (physical and mental) health
>information.  This access must be a two way flow of information and
>communication and include input from communities, organizations, and
>individuals, and take into consideration cultural/regional issues.]

The UN Convention on Human Rights and Disability also has language about
access to information, for all people with disabilities, not separating out
any particular disability.  Here we are talking more broadly, but I am not
comfortable separating out kinds of health.  Health is seamless, composed
of biological, psychological, sociological, spiritual and vocational
well-being.  I think it does a disservice to carve it into separate buckets.

Sylvia