[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: FW: *News: Calm before the storm as UN summit approaches

Richard Vincent cmvince at isugw.indstate.edu
Mon Sep 12 21:55:43 BST 2005

Let us add the French, German, Spanish, Italian and African articles then.  Readers do not have to read when they object, and they always have the option of hitting the delete button.  I for one welcome these articles being compiled and reprinted in one location.  I believe this forum is indeed the list on which these articles, and other relevant information, should and must be posted.   What better way is there to generate discussion and response?

Warm regards,
Rick Vincent

Dr. Richard C. Vincent
Professor
Department of Communication
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
U.S.A.

email: rvincent at indstate.edu
telephone: +1 812 237-3246
fax: +1 812 237-3217
>>> jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr 09/12/05 10:56 AM >>>
Dear Renate
Thanks for this british opinions which are intereseing, although they are not represntative of the opinions in other countries. If we are to read exclusively british opinion it is mainly due du the (ab)use of English language on our list. (Who did ever speak of cultural diversity ?)
I think a lot of us would be at least as much interested by having the analysis of leading german papers (e.g. Suddeutsche, FAZ or Frankfurter Rundschau), french ones (Le Monde, Figaro, Libération), spanish ones (El Pais i.a.), italian, etc . But it would be at least as interesting to hear about African, LAC and Asian opinions, because they are the most concerned by this struggle and its outcomes, if ever there are some. And I suppose that the largest part of the NGOs in the WSIS need mainly to know what people in these countries feel, need, think and ask for.
If such a panorama isn't possible to be displayed -there are comprehensive reasons for that- a simple link to the articles/papers would be sufficient.
However, I thank you sincerely for your effort.
Best regards
Jean-Louis Fullsack
CSDPTT.