[WSIS CS-Plenary] accreditation of Human Rights in China

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Sep 20 10:04:17 BST 2005

>>> marzouki at ras.eu.org 09/19/05 2:27 PM >>>
>HRIC representatives will have the opportunity to express
> themselves more in details during the HR caucus panel that
[snip]
>I hope that the whole CS at WSIS will support a common
>statement, and that this issue of HRIC denial of accreditation
>will be raised at the CS press conference.

I support developing a statement on this issue and raising it at the
press conference. Regrettably, I will leave Geneva Thursday and will not
be able to contribute much to the development of it. But I would hope
that such a statement would somehow deal with the transparency and
discrimination/state influence issue raised by the WSIS-ES's action, and
take a strong stand in favor of non-exclusiion and diversity of views
while recognizing the delicacy of problems associated with accreditation
of critics of states in a state-based organization.