[WSIS CS-Plenary] New version of the draft statement for Sub-Committee B today

Anita Gurumurthy Anita at ITforChange.net
Tue Sep 20 11:13:18 BST 2005

Dear Bertrand

Thanks for changing point 5.. But it still leaves things vague.. I am not
sure if we should hesitate to put in a line on gender just because there are
other interest groups.

The point about gender equality is that it concerns all of us, above and
beyond other interests that we espouse. I know the difficulties involved in
pushing for it.. but how do we make sure that a key principle does not get
lost in the nuts and bolts?

The phrase "but without making them exclusive" does not suggest what else
may be concretely required.

Pl consider the following

Any framework should enable the progressive grouping of issues in larger
Thematic Clusters, taking into account the Geneva Action Lines and other
themes such as gender that are crosscutting.

Thanks

anita

anita gurumurthy

IT for Change