[WSIS CS-Plenary] Draft Statement for Sub-Committee B (for Tuesday afternoon)

Sylvia Caras sylvia at peoplewho.org
Tue Sep 20 17:48:02 BST 2005

>the inclusion of the recognition of both physical and mental health
>information.

We have this discussion again and again, but I will keep objecting to the
separation of physical and mental, and I object to perpetuating the
separation based on reference to prior documents.  Health is a seamless
blend of biological, psychological, sociological, spiritual and vocational
well being.  People who actually experience mood swings, fear, voices and
visions are whole human beings and, whatever the intent, it fosters
shaming, prejudice and discrimination to carve us out in this way.

Sylvia

Sylvia Caras, PhD
www.peoplewho.org