[WSIS CS-Plenary] Draft Statement for Sub-Committee B- Inclusion Issues

Sylvia Caras sylvia at peoplewho.org
Tue Sep 20 18:51:23 BST 2005

>In my many posts I have indicated this is NOT SPECIFICALLY A REFERENCE TO
>DISABILITY

Well, disability is a part of life and as the population ages, and
especially in the developing world, disability must be considered in health
conversations.

WSIS is about leveling the field and universality.  Carving mental health
out by separating mental and physical health ends up creating
hierarchy.  In any case, this is not really about health but about
information and I wish the agenda would shift back to accessibility and
universality.

Sylvia