[WSIS CS-Plenary] The Public-Root, criminal behaviour and community leadership

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Wed Sep 21 12:36:25 BST 2005

Recently it has been made public that one key person in the Public-Root
(www.public-root.com) and INAIC (www.inaic.com) is involved with organized
crime.  This individual, one Herman Xennt, formerly associated with an XTC
laboratory, is now under active investigation by the Netherlands police.

What I find amusing and sad all at the same time is the fact that many
community leaders were aware of these problems but did nothing.  I can
name them.  Michael Froomkin (University of Miami School of Law,
Professor of Law), Karl Auerbach (DNS Superhero), Vint Cerf (ICANN
Chair), or Milton Mueller.

I'll tell you where these guys were.  Milton Mueller and Karl Auerbach,
with Karl taking the lead as a Public-Root supporter are both in a state
of shock.  They have done nothing except sit on their hands and to date
remained silent.

Michael Froomkin who was more then willing to accept money from the
Public-Root to develop our by-laws and one of the ICANN WATCH people is
busy burying his head in the sand.  I like to call this pose the osteritch
position.  But the osteritch position leaves ones ass exposed to the boot
and that is exactly what I see in Froomkin.  A big ass without substance.

And last of all we have Vint Cerf, so called father of the Internet, he of
all people realized his days at ICANN were numbered.  After all you can't
escape the fact that the turkish internet is now run by criminals and it
all happened on his watch.  Vint has decided to join google in the hope
there is enough momentum there to build a new root infrastructure.

The bottom line I guess is do any of these so called leaders actually have
any concerns over the fact that users in turkey, at equant and tiscali now
have their surfing habits recorded at the root level and that the
information collected can be used for evil purposes.  Of course not.
These leaders seem more interested in covering their asses instead of
doing the right thing.

I'm not impressed folks.  Not impressed one bit.

cheers
joe baptista

The Internet starts here at the Public-Root
http://lair.lionpost.net/mailman/listinfo/pr-plan