[WSIS CS-Plenary] implementation issue: participation of NGOs in new structures and bodies established

Rik Panganiban rikp at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 22 08:58:20 BST 2005

Dear Friends,

I want to make sure that we have flagged an issue related to the
accreditation of NGOs for whatever international and regional
structures get established after Tunis.  We should not take it as
assumed that there will be similar arrangements for accreditation and
participation.  Some details regarding this:

*    All organizations accredited to the WSIS in Phase I and II
should be automatically invited to participate in any follow-up and
implementation structures
*    Organizations not accredited to WSIS should have a transparent
and inclusive process of being accredited to the appropriate follow-
up and implementation structures
*    Modalities of participation should build upon what we have
accomplished here and at the WGIG
*    Official documentation should be available online and in paper
to civil society
*    Provision of civil society written and oral contributions

There are probably other things I am forgetting....

Rik Panganiban
CONGO

RIK PANGANIBAN       Communications Coordinator
Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United
Nations (CONGO)
web: http://www.ngocongo.org
email: rik.panganiban at ngocongo.org
mobile: (+1) 917-710-5524