[WSIS CS-Plenary] UPDATE Re: The Public-Root, criminal behaviour reported to Turkish President

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Fri Sep 23 21:52:03 BST 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Andrew Calabrese wrote:

> Dear Joe Baptista,
>
> Your postings seem to be very peripherally related to the WSIS. Furthermore,
> they are generating little or no response on this list. Given how heavy the
> traffic flow on this list is right now, I kindly request that you
> discontinue the postings. While somewhat interesting, they are happening
> much too frequently.

No that is a completely unacceptable request.  The failure of the WSIS to
do anything about this is a clear indication to me that the WSIS has no
idea how to deal with this.  And therefore I suggest that the leadership
found here is defunct - at best.

The fact that a government - i.e. Turkey is now the laughting stock of the
networks for having failed to do their due dillegence is a reflection on
all governments including the WSIS and ICANN.

The fact that leaders in the WSIS community - i.e. Michael Froomkin,
Milton Muller and Karl Auerbach were more then happy to support the
public-root when things were going well, and were more then happy to
accept money from us, but were completely incapable of dealing with the
corruption is another clear indication there is no leadership at the WSIS.

The Public-Root is the only model which provides and lends itself to
internet governance.  It was so good that leading governments completely
failed to due their due dillegence on the matter and signed on - with eyes
firmly closed.

I hear alot here about internet governance, but I think it's best I point
out that non of you have any idea what it is you are trying to govern.
Your response to this message is a clear indication I'm right.  Failure to
act is in itself a clear indication you all need an education on the
subject.  Which is why I'm posting here.

Now Professor - kindly return to putting your head in the sand where it
belongs with all the others.  Your reponse to my concerns lacks
credibility and the arrogance of it is completely unacceptable.

Kindest regards
Joe Baptista