[WSIS CS-Plenary] speaking slots for summit

Laina Raveendran Greene laina at getit.org
Sat Sep 24 08:34:15 BST 2005

Dear Rik,

Thank you for letting usknow about this. Some of us are experiencing a
situation where this new method of working within sub Comm A as the Internet
Caucus group, leading to a an "Insiders" (former WGIG members) and new
comerswhich they seem reluctant to invite into the circle. Not sure about
the same for SubCom B as I have given up on trying to be part of it given
the hours they work and style of working (I am sure no intentional part on
Betrand).

I have a little concern here because as we run up the end of these
discussions, some of us where also not aware of this request for speakers.
If we stick to the SubCom A and B process of being the only caucuses
inputting into the debates, then many other caucuses will get left behind.
Can you kindly suggest how we can submit names from our caucuses directly.
Would CSB or the working methods group do this? A little clarification on
how working methods will receive the names and how speakers will be
suggested would definitely help add a new level of openess that seems to be
closed now given that both SubComm are so focused only on negotiating clear
text that they feel are relevant rather than on how other caucus feel may be
relevant.

If you need more clarifications on what I mean, I have discussd this with
TRacy and would appreciate some advise.

Thanks,
Laina

  _____