[WSIS CS-Plenary] URGENT attention required TUNIS SUMMIT CIVIL SOCIETY SPEAKER NOMINATIONS

conchita poncini conchita.poncini at bluewin.ch
Sun Sep 25 15:48:51 BST 2005

Dear Tracey,

The prsent president of the Geneva NGO Committee on the Status of Women has designated me to represent her and the Committee (as past president of this CONCO Commitee of 65 INGOs) in Tunis.  We would like to make a statement on Gender Equality and Women's Humanm Rights in ICTs and in the Information Society in general.  JUSTIFICATION Is based on your criteria: (See my note to the CSB on request for pass). I have in fact delivered over 50 joint statements and presentations since Beijing Fourth World Conference on Women in 1995.  I know I am able to deliver a message in an effective way.  Many governments have said when I am called upon to speak that,  I quote "When the Committee makes a statement it has useful messages. In fact in many of the interventions and public speeches on gender equality and women's rights, I am gratified to see a lot of my statements replicated because we do our homework on providing conceptual and practical ideas for monitoring and implementation.  tHE Committee has also been one in introducing joint statements which is considered one of the best practices at UN because we work in synergie to transform mindsets and behavioural patterns.

By the way, I have chaired many meetings - conferences, roundtables, panels and workshops so, if you need my help you can count on me.  I was one who  volunteered to report to the plenary during the Geneva prepcoms.

Yours in solidarity,

Conchita