[CS Bureau] RE: [WSIS CS-Plenary] CSB Meeting - 23 Sept. 2005

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 20:12:09 BST 2005

Dear all,
 I hate to do this but must state for the record, as Robert did, that I did
not attend the Bureau meeting where this statement was prepared and that I
do consider it inappropriate in its content and the way it was prepared.
 In the context of the upcoming Summit in Tunis, this question is too
important to be addressed in this manner.
 This item should be dealt with urgently in Plenary monday. Detailed minutes
of the debate in the physical Plenary on that matter should be sent to the
Plenary list afterwards and precise proposals for moving forward
established, including on deciding clearly whether this statement should be
officially repelled as a CSB statement.
 Otherwise, the consequences will be very simple : this single issue will
clog the Plenary list and all debates in the week to come and up to the
summit, with only two results : our complete incapacity to deal with other
matters, and a strong blow to our credibility.
 Let's not crack under pressure. We are now forced to address issues we
avoided for too long, such as how we adopt decisions and strengthening the
legitimacy of the CSB or reforming it.
 I strongly urge people in the coming hours to avoid posting their lvery
egitimate concern on this list in an inflamatory way that will only play in
the hands of those who intend to disrupt our processes. All suggestions to
move forward are welcome.
 Best
 Bertrand