[WSIS CS-Plenary] UPDATE: translation work for PrepCom III

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Mon Sep 26 18:34:46 BST 2005

dear plenary and translation team,

First - to explain to new members of the plenary:

- during WSIS phase I, we had a very active and dedicated volunteer
translation team, who worked  - largely remotely -  helping with
translation of critical documents for the broad civil society.

- the type of documents we translated were mainly statements, open letters,
declarations etc - which had broad Civil Society support

- we have not worked with this team actively during Phase II, but we have
to translate some important documents this week, in particular, the various
Civil society charters.

My next message will only go to the translation list - where i will ask for
volunteers to translate the charter ramin has posted to plenary.

If there are others on plenary, who can help with translation - please
email me directly - karenb at gn.apc.org

karen