[WSIS CS-Plenary] Should we make this statement today ?

Laina Raveendran Greene laina at getit.org
Tue Sep 27 07:35:29 BST 2005

  _____

From: Laina Raveendran Greene [mailto:laina at getit-multimedia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:39 AM
To: 'plenary at wsis-cs.org'
Cc: 'Avri Doria'; 'Bertrand de La Chapelle'; 'Adam Peake'
Subject: RE: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Should we make this statement today ?

I agree with Betrand's statement about seeing what happens and somehow not
quite forcing them to make a decision, as this could backlash. Meanwhile,the
draft statement only acknowledges the efforts of the Chair. I think we
should also thank countries that have supported us, and also efforts of the
Chair of the committees. I know that they have tried in their own ways to be
open within the circumstances. Do you know that SubCom B chair has been
sitting down and "drafting" with civil society players and she also has made
allowances within her own delegation to help e.g. arrange for the disabled
to have their own transportation in a disabled friendly van, etc. I think
they areopen, and it does not help putting them in the same camp as the
hardline governments.

Laina

  _____