[WSIS CS-Plenary] Propositions of rules of procedure for Drafting groups

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.org
Tue Sep 27 16:56:34 BST 2005

Hello,

Please find attached a proposal for rules of procedures
for drafting groups that was elaborated by me, with
discussions with Tatiana Ershova.
Since this is related to procedures,
this proposal has been presented at the end of
the CSB meeting around 4 PM today.
The CSB decided that this proposal should
be sent to the plenary for discussions and approval.

This proposal was elaborated taking into account
the mindset of career diplomats, from certain countries,
that are afraid to take any initiative without the cover
of precedents.

The introduction is designed to re-assure those
career diplomats and then we try to take full advantage
of precedents.

Just 15 minutes ago, one diplomat me told that the problem of
the second drafting group this morning, was caused by two highly
populated countries, one from South America, one from Asia.
The representatives of those countries told the PrepCom president,
that since there were no written procedures, they rely on the rules
of PrepCom2 to ask the CS representatives to leave.
It would be more exact to say that they relied on their perception
of Prepcom2, which is not all accurate when one relies only on poor
or selective memories and sketchy  documents.
It is really a problem with diplomats that
are new to the process, as this been the case for another powerfull
eurasiatic country.
Therefore, we must, at one point or the other, fix in writting the gains
obtained so far so that they could be used a documented precedents.

Of course, as some as said at the CSB,  it could be feared that having
written rules might prevent us to gain an even better deal later, but,
on the contrary, written documents can be used as a step in negotiations
to get further.

These two points of view must be discussed.

Best regards

Francis

http://www.wsis-si.org/PC3/drafting-groups-guidelines.pdf
http://www.wsis-si.org/PC3/drafting-groups-guidelines.sxw
(open office format )

Attached pdf

   Francis F. Muguet  Ph.D
   MDPI  Open Access Journals -  Associate Publisher
   http://www.mdpi.org  muguet at mdpi.net

   Knowledge Networks & Information Society Lab. (KNIS)
   http://www.knis.org  http://www.ensta.fr/~muguet
   E.N.S.T.A  32 Boulevard Victor  muguet at ensta.fr
   75739 PARIS CEDEX FRANCE
   (33) 01.45.52.60.19 -- Fax: (33) 01.45.52.52.82

   WSIS  World Summit on the Information Society
   Chair Scientific Information WG http://www.wsis-si.org
   Co-chair Patents & Copyrights WG htt://www.wsis-pct.org

   Multi-Stakeholders UN agency proposal  http://www.unmsp.org

   WTIS World Tour of the Information Society
   http://www.wtis.org  muguet at wtis;org