[WSIS CS-Plenary] extra-ordinary session

west westasiaregion at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 10:12:08 BST 2005

Dear Colleagues,

By the request of one of the CS entities in the CS plenary and a approval of the plenary, we will have an extra ordinary (EO-CSP) session of plenary tomorrow morning, after our normal plenary. So we will divide the plenary into two sessions, each half an hour and the chairs will be changed according to the new guidelines which has just been adopted. The matter will be more discussed in today's CSB meeting and they will propose new chairs according to the guidelines. The main discussion for the EO-CSP will be on drafting a joint statement(or reviewing the existing draft) regarding the position of CS on their exclusion from the Govt drafting groups.

I hereby also request the secretariat to look for possibility of staying in room 22 for half an hour more, in order to have enough discussions by the people. So the proposed duration of tomorrow plenary (both) will be 1.5 hours in worst case scenario!

As a point order: I should remind you that we will have changes in chairs according to the new guidelines. The final adopted version of the working guidelines will be released by this noon.

Thanks and regards

Amir Barmaki
interim co-chair