[WSIS CS-Plenary] RE: [Pr-plan] Frank - let me empower you with the Baptista vortex. (fwd)

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Wed Sep 28 13:16:05 BST 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Gene Marsh wrote:

> Joe, let's be real - the Public-Root REMOVED the Terre Haute server from
> their list several weeks ago.  Frank *then* closed it off.

OK - I understand.  Well I would still ask Frank to kindly turn it on.  As
I mentioned in a prior correspondence on this, Franks F.root server has
been in the public-root for some time now.  That means we can expect many
ISP's who use the static cache file for resolution will still have franks
f.root server listed.

I know Herman Xennt and Paul Scheepers replaced his server with another
f.root out in the eastern block.  However the new server won't have much
in the way of impact on the network for some time.  Franks will still be
used just by virtue that it is still listed in these static cache files.

Thats a critical problem with roots.  No matter how many times you change
the IP number, the old IP number in the cache will still be listed.

> I have been watching this situation closely.  I have been wondering if/when
> they might do the same for the c root server, which I operate.
>
> Of course, I have not intention of ever pulling the plug on that server
> without some appropriate notification, if I ever do.  I must say, they way
> the f server situation has been handled concerns me, though.

Yes I agree.  Very sloppy, very unprofessional behaviour on their part.

regards
joe

Joe Baptista, Official Public-Root Representative and Lobbyist to the
United States Congress and Senate / Tel: +1 (202) 517-1593

Public-Root Disclosure Documents: http://www.cynikal.net/~baptista/P-R/