[WSIS CS-Plenary] Reporting on final days of prepcomIII - NEED VOLUNTEER MONITORS!

Rik Panganiban rikp at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 29 10:19:14 BST 2005

Dear friends,

I see that we have dropped off dramatically our reports on the
official negotiations to the Plenary List.  I make another appeal,
particularly for those who are observing remotely the Prepcom, for
volunteers to share their notes and reports on the sub-committee
meetings to this list.

Another possibility is that someone might be able to take notes via
the webcast, which is continuing to broadcast from Conference Rm XX
(but not XVIII).

We are in the last days of the prepcom, and governments are getting
to the heart of the most difficult political questions, including
"oversight" of the internet and the "coordination body" to follow up
on the Summit.  Literally the summit might live or die based on how
the negotiations go.

Thanks again.

Rik Panganiban
CONGO

RIK PANGANIBAN       Communications Coordinator
Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United
Nations (CONGO)
web: http://www.ngocongo.org
email: rik.panganiban at ngocongo.org
mobile: (+1) 917-710-5524