[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS intervention on new "terrorism" paragraph this morning

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Thu Sep 29 15:27:44 BST 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Ralf Bendrath wrote:

> as a number of people had already asked about it, below is our
> intervention on the new paragraph 50bis Israel had introduced yesterday
> afternoon.
> It is already online at the ITU site at
> <http://www.itu.int/wsis/docs2/pc3/contributions/sca/CS-29.doc>.
>
> I just came from the drafting group session: It seems we left some
> impression. Is much shorter and less vague now and includes human rights
> references. :-)

The problem with this whole atempt at putting the fear of god into
people using the language of the terrorist horse and buggy show is that
the final result will be to fracture the internets navigation system.

After all - the Public-Root has shown us all that a simple idea can win
the world.

http://www.cynikal.net/~baptista/P-R/DIAGRAM1.pdf

It would be a simple matter for terrorists to establish their own root
network and basically dump the rest of the world into the dev null dump.

You see - anyone who has studied the internet paradigm

http://nma.com/papers/InternetParadigm.pdf

and understand that reality on the intranetworks is not defined by human
limitations will also understand that keeping out the terrorists from this
process will only result in failure and increased terrorism.  The
internets central core is by consent, and consent is not limited tothose
carrying some party invitation marked with "legitimacy".  To be legitimate
you must earn the right - you can't take it.

The delegation from Brazil has very right in it's pursuite of an answer to
the legitimacy processes taking place.

Legitimacy on the internet is defined by protocol - not humanity.  And so
far the WSIS processes have been nothing more then a human comedy - but
not much more.  Lets not forget - the WSIS was the first body to discover
that the Government of Turkey made a fatal mistake in accepting the
Public-Root - but you did nothing.

Meanwhile - Turkey is being discussed at NANOG - and being treated as a
joke.  Which I agree - it is.

regards
joe baptista

Joe Baptista, Official Public-Root Representative and Lobbyist to the
United States Congress and Senate / Tel: +1 (202) 517-1593

Public-Root Disclosure Documents: http://www.cynikal.net/~baptista/P-R/