[WSIS CS-Plenary] thanks to all-read it!

west westasiaregion at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:19:39 BST 2005

Dear All,

We just have finished our last CS plenary of the WSIS prepcom 3, I should hereby thank you all for your cooperation, patience, solidarity and good spirit. I wish also to apologise that some of you didn't have the floor to speak due to our time constraint and apologise for the other problems  that you may realise. I should also thank my colleague Titi and on behalf of both of us thanking all of the interpreters for their hard work, a big thank to them and also thanking our first week co-chairs Tijani and Ann Kristin for their efforts to facilitate the discussions in such a professional and good way.

But there were some difficulties in our work, which I need to raise it here for the sake of record and history:

1- all of the documents which are submitted to the CSP should have to be at least in two official languages, we have great difficulties regarding the French version of the documents, which was not mainly available.
2-The duration of CSP is short, it should be for sure 1.5 hours,starting at 8:30 am.
3-the new-comers have great difficulties in capturing the process and get oriented, it's very tough to read 50 or more emails per day just on plenary list and keep track of the events and progress,I understand their concern and point very well and I should say that I myself faced a lot of difficulties in keeping the track of the issues, but this a reality and there is no immediate solution for it. Maybe the solution could be to read and read and read more!

Hope to see you in future and the summit. God bless you all.

Best wishes

Amir
interim co-chair
West Asia and middle east regional family