[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [A2k] Re: [Wsis-pct] IP Justice Comment to IGF on Top PolicyIssues forAthens

Seth Johnson seth.johnson at RealMeasures.dyndns.org
Sun Apr 2 06:13:08 BST 2006

Right.  I oppose someone using exclusive rights in a manner that
attacks anybody else's fundamental rights.

Let's start from brass tacks -- or at least, what appears to be
such for you:

What on god's green earth do you mean by "digital rights?"

I have never, ever heard of such a thing, and the concept frankly
freaks me out, if I understand it right.

Now, this is one of the things I knew were being packed into the
phrase "digital rights management" -- it could be parsed as
either "rights management" that is "digital" or as "management"
of "digital rights."

You represent the first empirical instance I have encountered of
someone who actually expressed a belief in such a thing.

Let me note:  The concept of "digital rights" exists NOWHERE
except in this idiotic phrase that you seem to think needs to be
coddled and respected.

So, go ahead: tell me what a "digital right" is, and try to make
it palatable, okay?

Seth

--

RIAA is the RISK!  Our NET is P2P!