[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [governance] [A2k] Re: [Wsis-pct] IP Justice Comment to IGF on Top Policy Issues forAthens

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Wed Apr 5 02:52:23 BST 2006

    As far as I am concerned, GPLv3 is not even a free software licence.
    It does not meet the 6th requirement of the OSI definition.

Whether a license qualifies for free software has nothing to do with
the OSI.  They rejected the concept of "free software", and wrote a
different criterion for "open source".

Since I do not like or agree with the OSI, I do not try to follow
their criteria.  Therefore, I have not tried to memorize their
criteria, so I don't know what their 6th requirement says.

However, I wonder if this is related to your idea that GPLv3 does not
allow implementation of DRM.  Now that you've read my explanation (in
the other message) of what GPLv3 does and doesn't say, maybe you could
reconsider this question.