[WSIS CS-Plenary] igf nomination process

Divina MEIGS meigs at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 19 10:10:04 BST 2006

dear Avri, dear all,

I feel very honored to have been selected by the Nomcom group, from the list of very distinguished and dedicated candidates, all.
I am fully aware of the enormous responsibilities this nomination implies. Like Milton, I will wait for the next step before making comments,  promises or suggestions.

Congratulations to Avri and to the whole team she put together for the nomination process; whatever follows, this has been a fine job. This proves to me that we can remain mobilized and keep functioning in a manner coherent and true to civil society concerns. The communicative dynamics that have shown so much  success among our different support groups and caucuses  should carry us forward no matter what the future keeps in store at the negociation table.

Divina Frau-Meigs
professeur, université Paris 3-Sorbonne
sociologue des médias et NTIC
vice-présidente, AIERI/IAMCR (Ass.Int.des Etudes et Recherches en Info-com)
vice-présidente, MENTOR (Ass.int. pour l'Education aux Médias et NTIC)
tel/fax: 33 1 42 77 91 69