[WSIS CS-Plenary] WSIS meetings: attendance and registration?

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Wed Apr 26 19:05:33 BST 2006

dear all (and congo staff in particular)

The marathon series of WSIS related meetings begins May 11th.. i was wondering

- who is planning to attend,
- which action lines you are planning to follow
- whether we have to register for each meeting separately
- whether one badge will get us everywhere and if so, what form do we
need to complete

this would include all 8 action line consultations, CSTD
consultation, global alliance consultation and the IGF consultation

Myself, willie currie and davic souter will be participating for APC.
We will follow in particular, action lines C2 (infrastructure), C4
(capacity building), and C6 (enabling environment)  - i will try to
attend c5 (building trust etc...) - and i will be attending the IGF
consultations..

(any ideas on when we might have consultations on c3 - Access to
information and knowledge?)

We have just written up a kind of FAQ on the series of meetings, with
a little information of APC's approach - and a lovely chart mapping
all of the processes (action line, IGF, Global alliance, Digital
Solidarity fund, CSTD) done largely by phillipe from CONGO, with some
help on my part. There's an awful for people to digest.. It should be
out on Friday..

best to all

karen