[WSIS CS-Plenary] Talk - Ambassador David A. Gross - "New Technologies and the Rise of Political Liberty"

mclauglm at po.muohio.edu mclauglm at po.muohio.edu
Tue Feb 7 17:33:36 GMT 2006

Yes, this confirms what I've heard: that Canada is moving toward
political conservatism. Canada may keep Ambassador Gross if it wishes
to do so, but please keep in mind that we have a "no returns" policy.

If anyone will be present at the lecture, please do ask him about NSA
spying, technology, and the demise of political liberty.

;-)

Regards,

Lisa

>[Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the entire
>list. Kindly use individual addresses for responses intended for
>specific people]
>
>Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic
>translation of this message!
>_______________________________________
>

>The 2006 Grafstein Lecture in Communications: Ambassador David A. Gross
><http://tinyurl.com/csmzn>
>

>Date: Feb 7, 2006
>Time: 04:30 PM to 06:30 PM
>Place: Bennett Lecture Hall
>
>The 2006 Grafstein Lecture in Communications
>

>Ambassador David A. Gross
>
>U.S. Coordinator for International Communications and Information Policy
>in the Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs
>United States Department of State
>
>"New Technologies and the Rise of Political Liberty"
>
>February 7, 2006
>
>4:30 pm
>Benett Lecture Hall
>Flavelle House - Faculty of Law,University of Toronto
>78 Queen's Park
>Toronto, Ontario, Canada
>
>Click here <http://mediacast.ic.utoronto.ca/> after 16:30 EST
>(Toronto)  on Tuesday February 7 to watch the lecture live over the
>web
>

>--
>Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>
>Director, Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (CPSR)
>Tel +1 416 893 0377 Fax +1 416 893 0374

Lisa McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Mass Communication & Women's Studies
Editor, Feminist Media Studies
Director of Graduate Studies, M.A. Program in Mass Communication

Mass Communication
Williams Hall
Miami University-Ohio
Oxford, OH 45056