[WSIS CS-Plenary] L'absence des associations africaines sur la scène internationale

djilali benamrane dbenamrane at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 16:22:59 GMT 2006

2 or 3 ideas about why african Civile Society is not
enough involved in The international debates.
- often these debates took place in the North Cities
with high cost of transportation and daily needs for
housing and foods ;
- information about such important meetings and
debates are not always available and access to
Internet is not everywhere possible ;
- access to visas is not free and often is quasi
impssible to reach ;
- CS associations are as poor as their countries and
the cost of one night in an European Hotel can be
higher than one month salary ;
- when they can participate generally they have not
the same capacity to deal with these meeting as the
North civile society do ;

Djilali Benamrane : dbenamrane at yahoo.com
Tel/fax : (227) 75 35 09 BP 11207 - Niamey - Niger
Tél/Fax : (331) 01 45 39 77 02 Paris - France
Page web sur le Sommet Mondial sur la Societe de l'Information (SMSI) (mecanismes de financement) http://www.wsis-finance.org et groupe de discussion : http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/
Page web sur l'Afrique et la globalisation : http://www.multimania.com/djilalibenamrane/
Groupe de discussion: http://www.egroups.com/list/afriqueglobalization